WHAT IS CAPTA?
Capta is a hybrid accessory for smartphones that combines the features of a tripod mount, a phone stand, and a cable management system into a simple elegant design small enough to carry everywhere you go.
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH CAPTA?
1) You Can Stick Your Device – Capta’s specially formulated pad sticks to the back of your phone for a secure hold at any angle. To remove your phone simply twist it off. Great for use as a desk stand or Video chats.
2) You Can Lean Your Device – For a simple stand just lean your phone against Capta and use for watching movies or a desk clock
3) You Can Manage Your Cables – Capta’s cable groove manages your cables while charging/synching your phone or cables can be wrapped securely around Capta when in transit.
4) You Can Attach Your Accessories – Attach any accessory with a 1/4-20 stud to Capta’s threaded hole such as a tripod for steady video and photos or attach a suction cup mount for GPS. The possibilities are endless.
HOW STRONG IS THE CAPTA GRIP?
Capta’s specially formulated pad was tested in extreme conditions to ensure a strong secure grip. The pad leaves no residue, requires simple care and you can protect with the cover when not in use.
WHAT DEVICES WORK WITH CAPTA?
Capta was designed to be universal enough to work with most smart phones and MP3 players. It will work with any device that has enough of a flat surface for it to attach to. If the back of your device is very textured or is silicone or rubber based then Capta’s hold will be reduced. This can be solved by using a case that isn’t textured or rubbery in nature.
HOW DO YOU CLEAN THE PAD?
1) Run water over the pad
2) Use your fingers to remove dirt/dust from the pad
3) Allow to completely dry before using again
1) WHAT DEVICES WORK WITH CAPTA?
Capta was designed to be universal and as such it will work with any device that has enough of a flat surface for it to attach to. If your device is very textured or is silicone or rubber based then Capta’s hold will be reduced. This can be solved by using a case that isn’t textured or rubbery in nature.
2) WILL CAPTA LEAVE ANY RESIDUE ON MY DEVICE?
Capta was designed to be used repeatedly on your device – simply stick it, remove when you are done and repeat when you need again. There will be no residue on your device. This also applies when using different devices at the same time.
3) HOW DO YOU CLEAN AND MAINTAIN CAPTA?
Capta cleaning and maintenance is quite simple. Light cleaning would be using a damp lint free cloth (lint covers surface and reduces grip) to wipe the pad. Medium cleaning would be running the pad under water and using your fingers to remove any dirt or debris on the pad. If any oils or greasy materials or liquids have gotten on Capta then you could use a mild soap and water to clean the pad. The most important step is to allow Capta to dry completely before using again after any of the cleaning steps above.
4) HOW DOES CAPTA WORK IN EXTREME TEMPERATURE?
One of our main concerns was exposure to the climate especially heat. So when we decided to use this pad material we made sure it could withstand both extremes. Manufacturers testing show a test range of -10f to about 230f where the material will perform optimally.
5) WILL CAPTA WORK WITH ANY MODEL iPHONE OR iPOD TOUCH?
Capta works with any generation iPhone or iPod Touch. In our video section we have a demonstration of Capta being tested with close to 20 different devices.
6) DOES CAPTA OBSCURE THE SCREEN WHEN CONNECTED AND HOW STRONG/STABLE IS THE BOND OF PAD?
When we were designing our tripod mount our #1 priority was to achieve a solid bond between Capta and your device. We had developed a pet peeve from other mounts that had rubber components to secure your phone – These components would attach to your phone but your phone had the flexibility to move and shake and as such they were ultimately no better than your hand when taking pictures or video. With Capta the bond is very solid and because Capta is screwed to your tripod there is no shaking when you use Capta as a tripod mount for your phone. Also Capta was designed to attach to the back of your device and work in any orientation so when connected to ant accessory it will not obscure or block your screen.